Tuesday, October 7, 2008

T.O. Tries To Get Into Heaven.




At the post-game press conference, Terrell Owens, in a weird display of emotion said, "God used me today for his glory. Reality is where glory resides. That's all I've got to say." That is unfortunate. Because I have no idea what you are saying. And now, confusion is where I reside.

This got me thinking, if players thank God every time they win a game or a match, do they also thank God when they lose? I mean, can you imagine the losing boxer at a press conference? “First of all, I would like to give all glory and honor to God for allowing my face to receive my opponent’s vicious blows. Through God’s teachings, I learned to turn the other cheek so that now, both sides of my face are swollen. I’d also like to thank God for giving my opponent the strength to lay his healing hands on my rib cage. There were moments in the fight where I asked God for courage and instead, he blessed me with unconsciousness from a left hook. And just like Jesus, I was awakened and rose 3 days later at the hospital. So again, all praises and glory to God Almighty.”

I’m just saying, I’m tired of athletes ONLY invoking God’s name when they win. It’s time to be fair and give God ALL the credit He deserves!!!

No comments: